Be prepared for your pet's surgery. Fill out your consent forms (attched at the bottom of page) and bring them with you.
To learn what you should know about surgical procedures here at NVH and what to ask your doctor please click on surgery information
Our Surgery Room is equipped with the following:
- Anesthesia machine using isoflurane inhalent anesthetic
- EKG machine to monitor the electrical activity of the heart
- A Pulse Oximeter used to measure the percent of oxygen in the blood and count pulse rate
- Surgery table equipped with a circulating water heating pad to enhance patient comfort during surgery and allow for more rapid recovery
- Oxygen cage is used to warm and oxygenate critically ill patients
- Dynamap Blood Pressure Monitor or Doppler for smaller patients
At Newtown Veterinary Hospital, we feel very strongly about managing your pet's pain. It is part of our commitment to your pet's health. Recent advances in the understanding of pain in animals have increased our awareness of the need for improved patient pain management. Pain management is not only good medicine, but helps your pet feel better more quickly and may prevent adverse medical consequences associated with uncontrolled pain. During your pet's stay, analgesics (pain medications) will be administered as necessary to assure that your pet is as comfortable as possible. Providing quality pain management also means that additional medication may be dispensed for use at home. Each patient has individual needs and we address them all!
We care about your pet's oral health. Just like you, your pet needs dental care. Every regular exam in our hospital includes a thorough dental exam. It is important that we take care of any dental problems we find. Preventive oral care can help reduce the formation of plaque and help maintain proper oral health throughout your pet's life. For more information on our dental services, please call our office.